- January 4, 2017
- Posted by: webmaster
- Category: Uncategorized
PROCESS: LEARN > PREPARE > APPLY > CERTIFY
The Six Sigma Green Belt operates in support of or under the supervision of a Six Sigma Black Belt, analyzes and solves quality problems and is involved in quality improvement projects. A Green Belt is someone with at least three years of work experience who wants to demonstrate his or her knowledge of Six Sigma tools and processes.
Here are the requirements and exam specifics for a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
Six Sigma Green Belts are employees who spend some of their time on process improvement teams. They analyze and solve quality problems, and are involved with Six Sigma, lean or other quality improvement projects.
The Six Sigma Green Belt certification requires three years of work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
Candidates must have worked in a full-time, paid role. Paid intern, co-op or any other course work cannot be applied toward the work experience requirement.
Educational waivers are not granted.
Here are the minimum expectations of a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Operates in support of or under the supervision of a Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Analyzes and solves quality problems.
- Involved in quality improvement projects.
- Participated in a project, but has not led a project.
- Has at least three years of work experience.
- Has ability to demonstrate their knowledge of Six Sigma tools and processes.